Today to come up with a beautiful and easy to navigate web design, you have to opt for conversion services because without this conversion you cannot make your design function on the internet and web browsers. Well, the confusion arises when you actually begin the conversion process. Most of the website owners face the dilemma which one is the best conversion type: PSD to HTML or PSD to XHTML.
It is the frequently asked question which conversion will help in creating powerful and flawless web portals. Both these conversion solutions have their significance, advantages & disadvantages. In most of the cases, people opt for PSD to HTML conversion as they are not aware of the various other modes of conversions. Nowadays, businessmen are using both these services according to their needs and preferences. Although, there’s not a big difference between these two, however, there are specific areas in which they differ from each other.
Here’s the list of differences:
1. HTML is based on Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML) which allow developers to remove all tags, but XHTML is based on the XML which doesn’t have such feature. These Tags play a crucial role in the defining the web page set up and in handling their functionalities. If you deploy tags properly your site can perform very well on the browsers.
2. HTML uses a feature called minimization but XHTML is completely opposite. The user can apply minimization only when they omit, shorten, or group the tags. Apart from that, they can also use automatic tag recognition. XHTML adheres to W3C guidelines because of which it doesn’t support minimization option.
3. In XHTML, all the essential elements are closed properly whereas in HTML elements are usually found open. So the XHTML based web pages have more consistency.
4. HTML markup has laid down some strict rules. It has stringent coding guidelines, especially for web layouts. Even a minor mistake is not acceptable in HTML script.
5. HTML scripting is quite complex compared to the XHTML which is easy to understand & learn. Moreover, XHTML follows a certain set of rules which are easy to abide. While HTML is a traditional coding style, it consists of several confusing scripts.
6. XHTML-based pages are compatible with all the major web browsers while HTML coding still can’t function properly on some browsers.
7. While using XHTML, the developers can take help of the shorthand notations which are not available in HTML.
8. XHTML provide well-structured web layouts in comparison to HTML coding. They make web pages visually appealing and managed.
Both PSD to HTML and PSD to XHTML are the most commonly used conversion methods for web development. As said earlier, it completely depends on the individuals to choose the suitable one as per their requirements. Another important thing is hiring a reliable and experienced conversion expert or development agency which will help you develop full-fledged & technically strong web portals. Make sure the web pages are SEO-friendly, cross-browser compatible, and W3C compliant.